Cingular Wireless has started offering it’s customers Motorola’s Slvr cell phone. This Ultra-thin handset is loaded with the popular software iTunes Music Player from Apple Computer .
It’s well seen that Slvr is inspired by it’s former hit-selling Razr mobile phone and it’s the second phone from Motorola that has Apple’s Music Software.
The first cell phone that had Apple’s Music Software from Motorola’s was the Rokr. Unfortunately Motorola wasn’t successful in marketing it. But for Slvr, things should change. They now focus more on the design than music player.
Steve Lalla, Motorola’s general manager for mass market said, “The first thing that’s going to attract people to this phone is the form factor. We think its going to start with the design and consumers will double-click to look deeper at the features.”
Here’s a summary of the features in Slvr:
• Sleek, super-thin design without sacrificing advanced functionality
• PTT with icon presence indicators for one-touch connections
• Integrated VGA camera with 4x zoom and video capture and playback
• Bluetooth Class 2 for hands-free connectivity
• MP3 player to store, repeat, shuffle and play favorite tunes; 22Khz polyphonic speaker
• Up to 512 MB or removable TransFlash memory
• WAP 2.0
• Downloadable wallpaper, screensaver and MP3 ringtones
• J2ME™ MIDP 2.0
• Integrated hands-free speakerphone
• Messaging via MMS*, IM Wireless Village and email (POP3, SMTP)
• Motorola’s SCREEN3 technology solution featuring zero-click access to news, sports, entertainment, and other premium content.
For more details check out the official Motorola Slvr product description page.
At the mean time, Slvr only works on GSM based networks.